The Testy Chef

Tuesday, July 18, 2006

I'm leavn on a jet plane and how this blog got its name

I am leaving for the antarctic on the 16 of august. So far I am going through periods of intense panic, pretty generic non-spacific panic, just sort of this looming fear; and equally intense periods of being totally thrilled and excited. Generally when I am thinking more clearly I am happier about it all. All the places I am going to see and what I have planned to do is really exciting. I am thinking about writing something about it all, but I am not really sure if anybody would really be interested in reading it. I want people to be interested in what I am writing, so I might make it sort of a half fiction type thing. I really like writers like Garrison Keillor and Tom Robbins, they both sort of take a semi-beleiveable enviroment and make it both funny and interesting. I think I will go for that.

For those of you reading this that do not know, I named my blog after this little greasy spoon diner, actually called "The Testy Chef" that was on the way out to Maple Valley, where my brother-in-law's parents house is, and when my mom saw it she thought it was the funniest shit, because apparently I tend to get a little testy in the kitchen. As I plan to write a fair amount about the food wherever I am, the title seemed appropiate. Plus testy sounds like testicals, and I love my testicals.

1 Comments:

At 7:27 AM, Blogger Shanon said...

Write, write, write...Tell all the Truth but tell it slant...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home