The Testy Chef

Sunday, October 15, 2006

Mainbody Update



LOOKING SW TOWARDS THE ROYAL SOCIETY RANGE. NOTE THE DISTORTION AT THE HORIZION LINE. DUE TO THE EXTREME COLD, IMAGES STRETCH AND INVERT SORT OF LIKE A MIRAGE.


So mainbody is pretty much all here. The times of quiet and privacy are gone. Work is much busier, we have about double the DA's and cooks running around. So far all the new people seem cool, but it will be nice when they all know what the hell they are doing and are more of a help than a hinderance.
I really felt more at home when the new people got here, it was a sort of sophmore syndrome, where you are the one that knows whats going on both in terms of work stuff and the social scene. Definitly I am still maininly hanging out with the winfly people from work. It seems like we are all about the same level of crispy at this point.
We got our 3rd and 4th roommate here yesterday morning and now have a full room. One is in cargo and the other is the greenhouse tech for mainbody. Maybe we can get the inside line on choice veggies.
I have been pretty sick for the last couple of days and it has been pretty much sleeping in bed and reading for 48 hours straight. I did help Erin a little bit do the sunday run, cleaning the bars and such after saturday night partys as part of my voulenteering efforts to get a janitor job next year.
Life continues at its normal pace here in general though.
Hanging out with friends or just watching movies in the room. It is a fine line to have a lot of fun staying out with your friends and going crazy not getting enough rest though. If I had the energy I would be out till 2 every night.
The new people that I hang out with the most are all from the west coast mainly in portland actually, so we talk about seeing each other in the real world.
I cannot really beleive that my time down here is already almost a third over with.
Well thats all I got for now folks... its back to bed for me so I can go wash dem dishes tomorrow.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Any of those guys from portland the Josh and Eric I told you to keep an eye out for? I'm happy to hear that things are going so well for you.

Ellie

 
At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving. I hope you aren't going too crazy in the frozen south. My family sends you their best wishes and hope you are having a wondrous time in a strange land.


-Éamon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home