The Testy Chef

Friday, November 24, 2006

give it up

for turkey and turkey parts!
Ah yes the smell of turkey is in the air, filling my quivering nostrels with treptiphene induced anticipation of the 1200 pounds of gobble gobble we are about to proff up to the community organism. Today is in fact the big day, as with all holidays, we must wait untill the nearest saturday to celebrate and here we are. I was up late last night and could not sleep in this morning, so here I am in the computer kiosk updating my blog at 7:30.
I have not updated in a while I guess, as erin reminds me every so often, but I have been extremly busy, plus nothing really of note has happened latley. But I suppose that given the month or so that has passed between postings my life must have changed somewhat so here goes the update.

Well my friends and I are all getting along, I think the last blog was right before mainbody, and I have made some new friends from that group, but my main core of friends still is the winfly people. After meeting so many people it is hard to care about a few more. Erin knows what I am talking about. I have not been nearly as active a I thought I would be in terms of hiking and getting outdoors. It is pretty much go to work, come home, relax for a while, maybe go out for an hour or two, but 90% of the time its reading or a movie, then to bed cuz' nothing sux more than being tired when you are scrubbing pots 10 hours a day.
I am definitly feeling the effects of being in antarctica this long without the normal world to nourish and feed me. Meaning I miss home, and the ratio of thinking "what am I going to do when I get out of here" and "gee, antactica is so dang cool" is tipping.
Here is a schedule of a typical week:
MONDAY
go to work. scrub. wipe. drink coffee. wipe some more. come home. watch bad movie. read. go to bed.
TUESDAY
go to work. again with the wipe wipe. come home. work at the greenhouse for a while. read. go to bed.
WEDNESDAY
go to work. wipe. wipe. come home. drink some fine black velvet. come up with some crazy movie ideas with Devin. storyboard those ideas. laugh. read. go to bed.
THURSDAY
go to work. today in addition to the wipe I will scrub. and I will be inventive in my wiping and scrubbing technique. come home. think, "ah, today is almost friday, which is almost saturday, which is the day before sunday, which is my day off". watch tv. go to sauna with crazy people and get naked. go to bed.
FRIDAY
go to work. make jokes about the vast, VAST, quantities of meat that is consumed here on station. it is a meat carnival. a gathering of the meats. ask the cooks how they feel about all this meat. wipe. come home. party. its friday. that means burger bar at gallaghers. foosball. airhocky. billiards. shuffleboard. the house of games. sauna. naked. go to bed.
SATURDAY
go to work. work fast. get done with work. think "that wasn't so bad" "I could stay for more". go home. party. or maybe just a movie. go to bed.
SUNDAY
ahhhh a change... savor brunch, stack my tray with enough food to last me till 6o'clock and retreat to my room to watch the Sunday lineup of amazing movies and laze around in my fuzzy slippers. hmmm, today I might take a hike... nah, laying down is much better. think, "shit, it's 3. I only have 9 more hours of sunday left?", forget it and continue to be lazy. Maybe read, or nap, or both. whatever, its sunday and as we all know, sunday rules.

OK thats all I got
Happy Thanksgiving everybody, enjoy the company of your respective friends and family, remember to tell them you love them, then give them a hug, and a real hug, not one of those hugs where you stick you butt out so your junk dosen't touch.

9 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Something is screwed up which I will pursue later, I can't log in under my name any more. It's been so long since your last update, I think I forgot how. Anyhow, thanks for the update. You seem to be leading a not too bad life, despite the repetitiveness of it and being away from the rest of the world and such, cuz you got friends. Say hey to Erin and enjoy the turkey & stuffin's.


timt

 
At 10:32 AM, Blogger timt said...

I think I got it to work again.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger timt said...

Let's see if I can get it to work.

 
At 10:33 AM, Blogger timt said...

Let's get the bloody thing on there.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger timt said...

I keep trying to reply but something is going amiss. Enjoy that turkey & stuffin' and keep your sanity. You life sounds like you got lots of friends and some degree of monotony. Oh well. Could be worse.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger timt said...

I keep trying to reply but something is going amiss. Enjoy that turkey & stuffin' and keep your sanity. You life sounds like you got lots of friends and some degree of monotony. Oh well. Could be worse.

 
At 10:36 AM, Blogger timt said...

I keep trying to reply but something is going amiss. Enjoy that turkey & stuffin' and keep your sanity. You life sounds like you got lots of friends and some degree of monotony. Oh well. Could be worse.

 
At 7:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll send you pictures of our thanksgiving - lots of turkey and it's parts, stuffing, mashed potatoes, and lots 'o wine. maybe you'll dine with us next year...hint.

 
At 5:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like an awesome time!!! good to see your still up and about (although... well I guess sitting UP on a couch could qualify as up and about) umm okay!! see ya

 

Post a Comment

<< Home