The Testy Chef

Monday, July 31, 2006

Radmitten

Badmitton is the ultimate summer sport, hands down. Smashing the shuttle back and forth on a cool evening, nothing like it.
Last night I was over at Klass&Alyses' house playing Klaas the game with a modified shuttle. Since the shuttle moves too slow for our manly selves, we used some scissors and cut out half of the little plastic "feathers" keeping it symmetrical to significantly speed it up and extend the distance you can hit it.
I used to be really good when I had my own court growing up and had sort of forgotten how much fun it is. The PPE going away party is this saturday and there is definitly going to be a tournament of champions.

3 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i miss badmitten in the backyard...and, i don't think there's such a thing as the birdy thingy going too slowly. you guys are so tough

 
At 10:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have fond memories of batting that little birdie around in our backyard. I never found it too slow; personally, I valued the extra time to observe the birdie in flight and to position myself to strike it just so. As you may be able to tell from this, ping pong is not my cup of tea.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home